There was an error in this gadget

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mi familia

It's no secret that I have a large family. On my moms side espically. Last weekend at the lake house, most of the family made it down. It was so loud and there were lots of little kids in the form of second cousins running around, playing house, screaming and just being loud. The first day I remember thinking that I wasn't sure I could handel a whole weekend with everyone there. Ty, Lara, Josh, George and I all slept in one room. It was good to see Josh too. I've known him since I was four, we used to be neighbors and while he isn't actual family it was still equally great to see him. In Wilmington, the people I know and the people I've met through out my life become more and more valuable because they know me for what I am. Me. While my small home town can sometimes drive me crazy, I love it. Because all the people there knew me before I had a chance to try and be someone else. My home town as seen me at my very best and my absolute worst and yet they still welcome me everytime I go back to visit. Back to the family though. Yesterday as everyone started to leave and all the noise slowly started to fade. I realized just how much I love my family. I might not see them very often and they might not even know me very well due to lack of communication but they are still a very big part of me, and that is what I love so much about them. I love that half of the little ones don't even really know me (not that I blame them, I could never keep my dad's cousin straight either). I just love that so many people (blood related or not) are my family.

No comments: